Monday, September 20, 2010

In the Face of Adversity

So within an hour of seeing Twin Ponds for the first time we were in Ed's office making an offer to purchase the property. Little did we know that the certainty we had about this acquisition would in short order become anxiety thanks to the unreliability of a certain financial institution which shall remain nameless (we're looking at you, ING) and other factors beyond our control.

Luckily for us the stars were properly aligned and everything that we needed to fall into place for the financial arrangements to work out did indeed come together. It took a little longer than expected, however. We had to delay our closing for over a month and, to our chagrin, had to agree to let the seller sell it to someone else if the seller found another buyer in the meantime.

Fortunately that didn't happen. Our arrangements came together and then faster than you could shake a stick, Twin Ponds was ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment