Saturday, August 17, 2013

... and we're back!

*tap tap* Is anyone still there?

After a very long and unplanned hiatus, I've decided to revive this blog. It's become obvious that it was impractical to try to document everything that happened every weekend -- it just lead to a perpetual catch-up situation which became so demoralizing that we gave up completely. This time I'm going to focus on the most important and meaningful aspects of the time we spend up here. I've been very inspired by Tara and Tyler's fantastic blog, Going Slowly, which I recently discovered. They're going through many of the same things we've gone through. It's great to read about their adventures and be so closely reminded of many of our own.

Just look at that smile!
So much has happened in the past 2 years. My first goal is to go through the many, many photos that have accumulated since our last update and slowly post the accompanying stories that stand out in my mind.

But today I'll focus on the present. Spence and I both crashed around 9 p.m. last night and still managed to sleep until 7:30 this morning. While Spence built a fire, I grabbed a cup of coffee and came out to the pond to breathe a bit of life into Welcome to Twin Ponds. Keedo happily followed me and has been basking in the sun while I type away.

Yesterday Mark came over to give me a bit of a watercolour lesson. I have very little experience with painting, but not only is Mark extremely talented (check out his site), he's also an excellent teacher. I don't think my work is ready for the gallery just yet, but I had a great time.

Can you guess which painting belongs to whom?

Finished products

No comments:

Post a Comment